THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES


Thursday, October 14, 2010

SAHM, WIHM, MILF, WTF??

I am now an official SAHM. Yep, got the membership card and everything. Ok, no card but I am a Stay At Home Mom and this makes me very very happy. We are feminists, my college degree is in Women's Studies, and we are huge champions for women's rights, believing that women should live the life thats right for her. For us, that life includes me staying at home to raise and teach our children. Before Tina, as a single mom, it was impossible for me to not work outside the home. Them durn kids and their need for food. Ive always homeschooled them, and took jobs where I'd have weekdays free. Then I forgot myself, got career minded and let the sixty hour work weeks and stress stress stress burn me out. Sure, I made good money, had some fun perks, but I was M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E. Thank God for Tina, she made me remember the path that's right for me.

About a year ago, Tina and I decided that it was time to live a very simple life. We've always shared the same core beliefs about family, and living simply. We joke that we are one step away from becoming Amish. I think it's that whole No Gays Allowed thing that keeps us from joining. Anyway, we paid off some debt, moved from a house to an apartment, and started working toward a life that works for us. AND THAT MEANS I NOW GET TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOMMY!! Yay. We watch every dollar carefully, no cable, only one car, no Starbucks, no eating out, but it's a choice that works for us. We are closer as a couple, closer as a family, closer to our friends and we feel more fulfilled.

Annah teases me because I'm so gung ho! She calls me her Work Inside the House Mom (WIHM)! Yesterday she told me that I am such a 50's housewife cooking in my apron and high heels! Tis true, but in my defense, the heels make me taller and that helps me reach things high in the cupboards. Yeah, that's it.

Here's what Tina thinks I look like:
Here's what I really look like:

Sigh.

I am baking our own bread, I'm cooking healthy food from scratch, my days are spent teaching our children ancient history, and algebra, and how to read Shakespeare. We play lots of Scrabble and our Uno marathons are known to get heated. I use my crockpot. Alot.


Now, I know this life may sound horrible to some people, and that is ok. Whatever blows your skirt up, I say!


Gotta run, my gelatin has molded...

0 comments: