THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES


Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Cleanse Part 1

Well, my original plan was to post our cleansing progress daily, but I've been SO BUSY releasing toxins (ha ha) that I haven't had time to collect my thoughts and try and present them in an entertaining montage of words and pictures. So, sorry kids, but this post may be as dry as the turkey burgers patties we've been eating. Just kidding. About the turkey burgers being dry, that is. Micah using this amazing ginger marinade and they've be dee-licious.

Ahh, Cleanse. I both love and despise you! At times, when the toxins are coming out, and the headaches are overwhelming, and I think I'm gonna pass out from not having coffee and cigarettes and chocolate, and I'm a cranky cranky wench, I DESPISE YOU.
But there are these amazing moments of clarity, bursts of incredible energy, lack of pain in my joints, I LOVE YOU.
My brain is clearer, my cellulite is disappearing, depression is lifting and I feel amazing.

The kids, bless their little bodies, are doing so well, I am seeing them fresher, and more energetic.

But damn, if this isn't HARD. We are changing the entire way we think about food, prepare our food, eat our food. Nothing just gets shoved into our pie holes anymore, or guzzled down. We are deliberate and mindful of each bite with take.

Here is our basic diet, we aim for 75% of our food to be raw and as well as organic.

In the morning we make a smoothie with almond milk/flax seed/hemp powder/coconut water/yogurt and fruit. We sip it. Slowly.
Then pure water all day long. Lots of water is key for flushing out the toxins.The aim is to pee every hour. Good times. My water is enhanced with electrolytes to help with the headaches (Thanks TK for the hint, it sure is working) Coconut water (while pretty yucky on its own) has been helping too. I hide it in the smoothies and no one is the wiser! (evil laugh)Snack is unsalted raw almonds, or hummus and veggies. Yum.
Well, that's Part 1 folks. I made sure to leave you a plate of hummus as a crazy cliffhanger...how can you now not return for part 2?

0 comments: