THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chai Tea and Frida Kahlo

Today we cleaned the carpets. Correction, Tina cleaned them. I watched. Correction, I provided a refreshing beverage and moral support. Yeah. That.

I got a headache from the chemicals in the carpet cleaners. Who knew TOXINS are everywhere?

On a happier note, I am now officially smoke and caffeine FREE. Woohoo on the first and boohoo on the second. I heart drinking coffee, the smell, the warmth, the way it makes me feel cozy. But I'm also loving my new concoction: decaf chai tea, with almond milk and agave sweetener. Me likey.
And heck, after Cleanse, I may have a cup of decaf once in awhile, especially if it's Coco's Dunkin Donuts blend and we are sitting in her and Black's sunroom. Good times.

But my caffeine addiction had gotten outta hand. I used to drink coffee and ice tea all day, and if I didn't drink it when I first got out of bed I'd develop a headache that would knock me out the rest of the day. And the headaches had gotten so bad that I was popping Excedrin every day, upping the dosages when I'd get no relief. Sigh.

Now the desire for cigarettes and caffeine is gone. No side effects either. If I get nothing else but this from this adventure in Cleanse, I've succeeded.

In other news, the kids and I are studying the art of Frida Kahlo. She's such a spicy senorita. Here's a great story about her feisty-ness: When meeting Henry Ford (a known anti-Semite and Nazi supporter) she coquettishly asked him if he was Jewish! LOVE IT! Ooh, and another time she jumped up in the middle of a party and said she had to go shave, which is HI-larious cause she was known for her unibrow.
She could totally hang out with me and my peeps anytime. In fact, I SINCERELY believe we are related and here's proof. We have a black and white photo of Frida on our bookcase and one of my young employees came over and asked if the photo was of my grandmother! heh heh Frida kinda looks like she has a lazy eye, too, which would fit in right in with us...hmmmm.

All kidding aside, she is amazing.
I could go on and on.

But I'm not, I'm gonna watch a movie with Tina and eat homemade applesauce! Yes, Micah made some yesterday...he cut and cored apples, threw them in the crock pot, added agave sweetener, some lemon juice and cinnamon, turned them on low and 6-7 hours later we had THE best applesauce I've ever eaten. Micah rocks. I could go on and on.

0 comments: