THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Here I Am, Stuck in the Middle With You

In the early nineties I was an english major. I don't remember much from that time because I was spending all my time in my dorm room creating Facebook...really...that was me. Ok my lawyer told me to take that out lest I be sued by the real Facebook creators. My lawyer's name is Lilly. She is also my dog, which makes her my therapist, personal trainer, and bodyguard most days...

Ok back to the whole english major thing, (should english major be capitalized?) What I do remember from my studies is the term in medias res, which simply means that a narrative can begin in the middle of the action, or at it's conclusion, with character, plot, setting etc told through flashback and dialogue. Since I haven't reached the conclusion of this story I call me, the logical place to begin is in the middle of it all... And when it is time to flashback I will use a music cue like on Lost. Grin.

0 comments: